FLU (Influenza) - Seasonal
Flu care for the whole family, from people you can trust. Flu vaccinations are available at Family Pharmacy . It’s the clean, convenient way to keep your family — and everyone around them protected against the flu.
Who should get the vaccine?
People at high risk or people who will be around high risk individuals:
- People with Disabilities
- People with Health Conditions
- Travelers & People Living Abroad
Everyone 6 months & up
- The #1 way to prevent the flu is through annual flu vaccinations
How should I get the vaccine?
The Flu Shot
- Made with inactivated (killed) flu virus
- Given by needle
- Approved for use in healthy people older than 6 months & people with chronic health conditions
The Nasal Spray
- Made with weakened live flu virus
- Given with a mist sprayed in your nose
- Approved for healthy people between the ages of 2 & 49 except pregnant women
Can I get the flu from the vaccine?
- You can't get the flu from the flu vaccine
- The Flu vaccine protects you from the flu, not the common cold
- You may experience some side effects
Mild reactions may include:
- fever (lowgrade)
When should I get the vaccine?
Get your flu shot or spray TODAY!
- Flu season usually peaks in January or February
- But it can occur as late as May
- EARLY IMMUNIZATION IS THE MOST EFFECTIVE!